Black Eyeliner On A Budget

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I don't quite know what I would do without eyeliner. I think my head would fall off, okay maybe a slight exaggeration but you catch my drift. I just think eyeliner can make or break a look and I'm here to help it make your look without having to raid your piggy bank. No matter what your preference, whether it be gel or pencil, I have a solution for each, and all under £15! Right well let us begin:

The Felt Tip Liner:

 
Possibly my favourite eyeliner tool at the moment is this bad boy. The Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black (£12) is just perfect. It doesn't smudge, crease or fade. The colour is intense black and so easy to apply, it just glides right on. The tip is quite fine which means it is really precise and you're able to get right down and close to those lashes. The fact it doesn't budge unless removed by a cleanser, means it is perfect for those cat eye flicks, plus it is really soft on the eyelid. Overall a fab liner.

The Pencil Liner:


Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in 001 Black (£3.99). Hands down my most favourite pencil liner ever. It's really soft but not too soft so you don't have to sharpen it after every use (don't you just hate eyeliners like that?). The pigmentation is good and you are able to sharpen it into quite a point which means you can be really precise with it. Its also fab for the waterline. My only issue with this eyeliner is that after a couple hours of wear, if the line is really thick it tends to transfer to the top of your eyelid. To avoid this I just use this eyeliner on my waterline and if I want a thin line.

The Liquid Liner:


The cheapest of the bunch: the Natural Collection Liquid Eyeliner in black (£1.99) is an amazing budget eyeliner. Look at that it's under £2! I tend to find liquid eyeliners with long brushes like this a bit fiddly to use, so for that reason I don't tend to use them. However if I am going to use one it'll be this. It doesn't smudge or flake off, I think it may be waterproof (but don't hold that against me) and the colour payoff is quite good. You know what just try it, it doesn't matter if you end up hating it anyway, it's only £1.99!

The Gel Eyeliner:


I have a new love for gel eyeliners. In particular the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black (£7.99). This little beauty glides onto the eyelid, is gorgeously pigmented, and comes with a lovely little brush. The brush is really good actually, I wasn't expecting it to be anything special but it picks up the product and applies it really well. (I haven't photographed the brush separately but its the same brush that appeared in my April Favourites post). Generally it lasts me the whole night without smudging however if I have been doing a lot of dancing and got a bit sweaty (ew) it will sometimes transfer to the top of my eyelid. I tend to use this for cat flicks as the brush allows me to be really precise.

What are some of your favourite eyeliners?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)