The Perfect Red

Friday, July 24, 2015


Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in 916 Neon Red (£6.99) was the first red lipstick I ever bought. It's a really nice pillar box red that is great for all year round and perfect for summer because of it's slight orange undertones. Neon Red looks a little blue toned in the bullet which I don't tend to go for but when swatched or on the lips it has much warmer undertones. It's a bold shade that I think will look flattering on anybody brave enough to wear it.

Neon Red is so nice to wear because it's quite moisturising without being glossy and sticky. My lips never feel dry when I'm wearing this and this has to be the longest lasting lipstick ever made. I wore this to a party and didn't have to touch it up once. Eating and drinking didn't bother it at all and I wasn't leaving nasty lipstick marks on cups or my boyfriend. When I did finally remove it at the end of the night it left a really nice stain on my lips. I could rave until the cows came home about how amazing this lipstick formula is.

I also think the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Neon Red is really versatile. You can either go full pelt and do a full swipe over your lips for a very bold and pigmented look that is bound to turn heads or you can bounce the bullet against your lips to get this really nice stain that gives your lips a just bitten look. I love wearing it like this because it's a little bit more natural so you can get away with it a bit more.

On the whole this a great red lipstick that I think everyone should have in their collection.

Are you a fan of a bright red lip?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)