Wake Me Up When September Ends

Monday, September 28, 2015


This year is absolutely flying by. It seems like yesterday that I was having my 16th birthday party and now I'm 17, learning to drive and have a job. A lot can change in a year, and usually I hate change and try to avoid it wherever I can, but I think the changes this year have done me good and I might even be starting to like it! Anyway, lets get on to talking about what I've been loving this month.


This month I've been trying to use as many products in my makeup collection as possible. So, I've been regularly switching up what eye shadow palette I'm using. The palette that has stood out to me the most this month and the one that I've been gravitating towards is the Maybelline The Nudes Eye Shadow Palette (£9.99) because it is just so simple to use. I very rarely leave my comfort zone when it comes to eye makeup and tend to stick with golds and bronzes so, this palette contains such a wide range of colours for me to be able to create what ever look I'm in the mood for. My go to look for during the day, has been putting the middle colour on the top row all over my eye area and then packing the first colour on the bottom row all over my lid and softly blending it out. I love that nude colour because it's just the perfect base for any look. It has a colour correcting effect and makes any shadow you put on top pop. The quality of these shadows is brilliant, they don't crease or fade throughout the day and they blend out easily. I'm really glad I picked this palette up and it is great for travel.

The weather this month has actually been really nice so I haven't wanted to hunt out my more autumnal shades yet. Instead I've been sticking with fresh summery colours like the Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels (£7). This is such a pretty coral blush and I know I keep mentioning it, but it's just gorgeous. The cream to powder formula means you get that fresh and youthful glow without it being sticky and heavy on your skin. Head Over Heels blends really easily which is fantastic as I've always steered clear of cream blushers because they scare me and the wear time is good. Also how cute is that packaging!

Right to Left - Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels, Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive
Another product that I keep raving about is the Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive (£4.79). This has definitely been my most worn lipstick this month and I've carried it about with me everywhere (which is why it now looks so disgusting and mashed up). Beehive is a really pretty peachy pink that is perfect for the transition between summer and autumn. It's a Mirror Shine lipstick so it's quite moisturising and almost glossy which I like during the day, because it doesn't feel heavy and you don't have to worry about it misbehaving, it just wears off naturally. My only criticism is that the packaging feels cheap and my lipstick did break quite easily because of how soft it is but I don't really mind too much because it doesn't cost the earth at all.

Me and white musk have always had a bit of a love-hate relationship. I do think it is one of those scents that you either adore or can't stand but, for me, at the minute I think it is beautiful. I've been wearing *The Body Shop White Musk Fragrance Mist (£7.50) all throughout September because I just think it is perfect for the slightly colder weather that we've been having. It's such a velvety and comforting scent that really makes you feel like you're being wrapped up in a blanket. The *Fragrance Mist is perfect for the day time because it isn't as strong and overpowering as the *eau de toilette but it's still got that deep mix of rose, jasmine, amber and wood. Beautiful.

Last but not least, no outfit has been complete this month without my Asos Rose Gold Tiny Triangle Earrings (£4). I don't usually wear earrings that much because I feel like it makes me stand out (weird I know) but these earrings are small enough that they add a bit of colour and something special without screaming out to people. I think they are so pretty and I love them.

So that's what I've been loving this September. What have you been loving this month?

Ciara x

Twitter ¦ Tumblr ¦ Instagram ¦ Bloglovin' ¦ Pinterest

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full Disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)