EOS Lemon Drop Lip balm SPF 15

Tuesday, September 09, 2014


On a recent shopping trip to Urban Outfitters, I picked up the EOS Lemon Drop Lip Balm SPF 15 (£6). I tried to justify buying another lip product with the fact that its easy to carry around in my blazer for school. However to be honest I only wanted it because yellow is my new favourite colour and I love lemon scented things. This is my first EOS lip balm (I'm really late to the party I know) and to be honest I've read mixed reviews. Beauty bloggers out there seem to all agree that these things are hugely over rated and don't moisturise at all, but everyone I know in person that owns one really likes them. I knew this was a product that I was just going to have to try out for myself.
 
I really like the EOS packaging. I know that it's hugely gimmicky, but the brightly coloured spheres made to suit each flavour look really pretty in my opinion. Saying that I don't really think it is practical for application. I feel like there will probably be a lot of product wasted.
 
I chose Lemon Drop because of its colour really. There are no testers in Urban Outfitters so you can't smell the lip balms so I can't even say that I chose this one because it smells the nicest. (It smells gorgeously of lemon sherbet by the way and I have found myself just getting it out to give it a sniff). Lemon Drop is also the only EOS lip balm that includes an SPF. I like to have SPF's in my lip products when I can as my lips can be quite sensitive to the sun sometimes.
 
I do actually think this lip balm is really nice. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips, and doesn't leave them white like lots of balms that contain an SPF. It's a little bulky for a pocket, but looks pretty on your bedside table. It isn't the most long lasting lip balm but I do think it leaves my lips lovely and soft, it also smells and tastes amazing and makes me happy when I use it. I don't know whether I would purchase again as there are plenty of cheaper lip balms that work much better, but I'm really glad I picked this one up.
 
What do you think of EOS lip balms? What's your favourite flavour?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)