Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream Review

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

 

BB creams are a bit new to me but I really wanted to try wearing something lighter than foundation because I really don't like the way it sits heavily on my skin and I often feel like it doesn't allow my skin to breath and I will end up with loads of spots. (I stress too much I know). So I popped along to Superdrug a couple of months ago and picked up the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (£6.99). Maybelline also offer a Dream Fresh BB Cream, but I picked up the Dream Pure BB Cream because it is aimed at oily skin however if you have normal skin, you may want to get the Dream Fresh BB Cream instead.
 
The packaging is nothing fancy it's just a basic soft plastic tube that allows you to squeeze all the product out. When buying makeup from the chemist I really don't expect much from the packaging as I know it's just budget friendly.
 
The Dream Pure BB Cream contains 2% Salicylic Acid which helps fight spots for clearer skin. Spot fighting ingredients aren't something I usually look for in my makeup products as I'm not really convinced that they work that well and I believe it should just be left down to skincare products. I don't think the Salicylic Acid in this product works at all and really wouldn't be a reason for me to buy this product. However this product does come with SPF 15 which as I've said before is great for me as I burn really easily. (Even in the Winter).
 
On the back of the packaging it says this BB Cream is designed to conceal imperfections, minimise the appearance of pores and conceal redness. But don't be fooled. This BB Cream doesn't give you much coverage at all. It does take away redness but it doesn't cover spots and blemishes that well so you will need concealer if that is what you are after. Funnily enough though, it does give you the look of natural clearer skin. How that works, I'm not too sure. It is also oil free and doesn't leave your face feeling greasy. I set this with a quick swipe of my Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder and it's a good 4 hours before my face begins to feel slightly oily, however it is manageable and my face just looks dewy rather than greasy. It also doesn't oxidise and leave you looking orange which is fab. Maybelline say that there is no need to wear a moisturiser with this BB Cream but I would strongly advise that you do moisturise first as this sometimes has a tendency to cling to dry patches.
 
I just apply this with my fingers and it blends in perfectly. I don't see the need to use a brush but it does work well with them too if that is how you prefer to apply your base.
 
The shade range is extremely limited, with only a light and a medium shade. So all you girls out there with deeper complexions this isn't for you. I have the shade Light which is perfect for me and I say it would suit most fair skinned people. However don't worry if you get the medium and it looks a bit dark for you as these do blend out super easily and have a buildable coverage.
 
On the whole: a great little budget BB Cream. What is your favourite BB Cream?
 
Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)