Falling In Love With Fictional Characters.

Monday, June 22, 2015

We've all done it. Anybody who tells you they have never had a soft spot for a fictional character is definitely lying. I know I've had my fair few and I can tell you that it's not easy. No matter what I watch/read there always seems to be one character that I just connect with and I wish they were real. My latest fictional love is Richard Hardbeck AKA Metal Rich from Skins Generation 3.

Since getting off school I have had loads of free time. So what did I spend that free time doing? Watching Skins of course! I finally got around to watching Generation 3 and although it gets a lot of stick, I really liked it. Now there were some characters that annoyed the hell out of me, but there were also some characters that I absolutely loved. In particular - Rich.

I love everything about this character and from speaking to people, I don't know anybody who dislikes this character. His lines are funny, his character development is amazing and he is so god damn sweet. Now I know he's not real, but he really is a good character. I also think it helps that Alexander Arnold, who plays Rich, is a fantastic actor. He's the kind of actor that makes you forget that he is acting. Alexander Arnold really sucks you into the programme and he is genuinely one of the best things about Generation 3.

Now I can't really talk about his character too much without giving away major plotlines, but I seriously think that if you were considering watching Generation 3 but haven't yet then you must. Rich Hardbeck will always have a place in my heart and I think it's a shame that Alexander Arnold isn't acting in even more films/programmes. He's one to look out for.

Ever fallen in love with a fictional character?

Ciara x

Images - One Two Three Four

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)