June Favourites

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Can you believe we are halfway through 2015 already? Seems like just yesterday I was celebrating Christmas! I'm not complaining though because the end of June means my exams are finally finished (I will stop talking about them soon, I promise) and I have a whole two months of holiday stretched out in front of me. June has been a funny month, because I was at school for the whole first half of this month I didn't really have any favourites, but the end of the month has been jam packed for me and it means I've really been able to sit down and think about what I have been loving.


I've been keeping my makeup quite minimal recently due to the hot weather we're having. I can't stand heavy makeup in the summer, I just feel like I'm going to sweat it all off. So I've loved using the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (£6.99). I'm not sure how many times I have talked about this now on my blog but I really do love it. It is just so easy. It covers any redness, leaves my skin looking smooth, doesn't cling to dry patches and you can just put it on using your fingers which takes a matter of seconds. I won't ramble too much because I've done a full review but I do think that if you have oily skin and are looking for a lighter base for this summer then give this a try.

My skin has been alright recently but I have had a couple of tiny breakouts. The Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Concealer (£5.49) has been my absolute saviour. I love this stuff so much. I'll be honest, the name is awful but everything else about this product is perfect. This is actually marketed as a heavy duty under eye concealer, which it is, but it's also great for covering up any other unwanted blemishes or spots. This creamy concealer covers everything, blends easily and lasts as long as you need it to. I also love the size, it's perfect to chuck into a handbag and it has a handy little mirror for on the go touch ups or emergency coverage. I have done a full review before but I definitely think that the more I've used it, the more I've loved it.

Seeing as it is summer and I am on the paler side, I've been really loving bronzing myself up a bit. Bronzer was something that I was always a little bit scared of before but this month I've barely gone a day without it. The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 01 (£13) has been my go to because it is so beautifully natural but still leaves me looking like a bronzed goddess (sort of). I think what I love most about this bronzer is that it's matte. Unless it's eye shadow, I generally don't like glittery products and I can't think of anything worse in the summer than looking like a glittery mess. This is also a really nice compact as it contains a really decent sized mirror and the honey comb pattern is so cute. Full review here.

To put on my bronzer my weapon of choice is always the Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush (£12.99). This brush is PERFECT. No joke. The packaging is smart and classy, the brush is just the right size, the bristles are as soft as a baby's bum, it doesn't shed and it can be thrown into a makeup bag without making the inside of the bag all dirty. What more could you want really? I could rave about this brush until the cows come home, but I think I'll save for when I do a full review. Yes a full review just on this brush because it is that good.

I never used to wear mascara on my bottom lashes for fear of smudging it all down my face. But I've got into it quite a lot and I can see how much of a difference it does make. It really helps to open up my eyes, making them appear bigger and it just pulls together my makeup look, especially if I have put colour underneath my eyes. One of the reasons why I have loved wearing mascara on my bottom lashes so much is definitely because of the Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara in Brown/Black (£1.99). I love this mascara because it's a lot more natural than a black mascara but you can actually see it unlike a brown mascara. It's just the perfect colour, doesn't smudge and the natural bristle brush picks up every lash. I tend to just bounce the wand along my lower lashes and all the lashes are coated yet still look incredibly subtle and natural. For one of the cheapest products in my makeup collection, this is probably one of my favourites at the minute.

source
If you aren't watching Humans then what exactly are you watching?? This is without doubt the best new series I have watched on telly for ages and we are only 3 episodes in! Humans is a sci-fi series which imagines a world in which humans live alongside Synths - robots that are scarily similar to humans in nearly every way. These Synths are the latest must have gadget. They do the washing up, cooking and gardening and are even able to provide medical care. These Synths are so advanced and lifelike that they really are blurring the lines between people and machines. Humans follows the lives of Joe and Laura who have taken a Synth called Anita into their home, but there is something a little bit funny about Anita and I don't think that she is quite all that she is made out to be. It's quite hard to explain because not even half of the series has been shown yet, but so far this show is amazing and I highly recommend it to everybody regardless of whether you like sci-fi or not.

What have you been loving this month?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)