All Gone - Products I've Used Up

Friday, August 22, 2014



I've recently come to the end of a few products. There have been some hits and some misses and I didn't really think these products were worthy of their own full reviews. So here's what's going on inside my bin.
 

Naked Heat Defender



I think I may have just found my new favourite brand. Naked is a hair care brand that uses natural ingredients and no chemicals and doesn't test on animals. I like to buy natural products when I can and this brand makes it so easy. If you've never heard of them check them out, they do a gorgeous shampoo with marshmallows in. This is great little heat protection spray is Silicon free which means you don't get a build up of product, which can damage hair leaving it weak and dull looking. I just spray this on before blowdrying or curling my hair, the nozzle is great and really gives an even spray, it also smells lovely too and after I'm done my hair feels so soft and looks good too! A definite win for me. You can buy the Naked Heat Defender here for £4.99.
 

Garnier Intensive 7 Days Nourishing Lotion


 I saw the Garnier Intensive 7 days Nourishing Lotion (£3.14) in Boots and seeing as the bottle was huge and I am always running out of body moisturiser I thought I would give it a go. I picked up the one with Mango oil in it as it was for dry skin, and my skin tends to suffer during the warmer months. I also wanted to put it to the test and see if it really did leave my skin feeling hydrated for up to 7 days. First impressions were good, it smelled nicely of mango, applied easily, absorbed quickly and left my legs looking smooth. But after I had finished applying my hands felt horrible. They felt dirty and greasy, so I wouldn't use this as a hand moisturiser. Also whoever said they felt moisturised for 7 days after using this product was being very nice. It lasted me about a day but that's it. After a couple weeks of using this product I began to notice that whenever I had been wearing something tight on my legs such as tights or skinny jeans, my legs were incredibly dry and it didn't matter how much of this moisturiser I slatherd on to them I was still left with that white chalky effect on my legs. Which trust me ladies is not a pretty look. I thought perhaps my legs just needed exfoliating but no, and when I switched moisturisers this problem vanished. I'm not entirely sure why this happened but I know I will not be repurchasing. Sorry Garnier!
 

Bristows Curls & Waves Mousse




Bristows is a brand that I have never heard of before. I actually only picked this product up because I was going to a party that night and had discovered I had run out of mousse. If I'm going out I like to have mousse in my hair otherwise it just falls flat because it's so long and heavy. I saw this mousse on sale at my local Co-op and seeing as it was £1 I didn't think too much and just grabbed it. This is just your standard budget mousse. There's nothing special about it but it isn't completely awful either. It says it is for curl definition and offers long lasting hold with no stickiness. I don't think this mousse would offer any hold, but I can't comment because my hair isn't curly, it does have a natural wave to it, but this mousse did nothing to enhance that. It did give me some volume at my roots though and didn't leave my hair feeling funny or sticky at all. You get what you pay for I guess.

Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper

 
The Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper (£5.49) (pheww that's a mouthful) is a product that I bought a while back. It has taken me forever to get through which I guess is good value for money. It contains Zinc to absorb excess oils, Chamomile which is an anti-irritant, to soothe the skin, Witch Hazel to tone and tighten the skin and Lavender to calm and soothe redness. It also contains Phytosphingosine (good luck pronouncing that) which is a natural antibacterial and helps fight spots and blemishes. With absolutely no perfume, colour or harsh chemicals this product sounds like a dream. You just apply it directly to the spot and it should disappear in 4 hours. Unfortunately not. While this product does help spots to go away quicker, it's more within a couple of days than hours. However you apply this with a stainless steel rollerball which is always really cold and feels so soothing on the skin.
 
Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)