Malin + Goetz Set Review

Saturday, August 30, 2014

http://www.malinandgoetz.com/


Malin + Goetz is a brand that I had actually never heard of until the August issue of ELLE came with a free little travel set by said brand. So I did a spot of googling, came across their website and found out that they are a brand who make products all from natural ingredients with sensitive skin in mind. The company is based in New York which seeing as I'm a Londoner is probably why I have never come across them before. Their products feel very luxe and I'm so happy that I've discovered this brand and was able to try some of their products out.
 

Vitamin E Face Moisturizer:



This moisturiser has been my saviour this past week. I really can't cope with all the late nights, junk food and fizzy drinks that come with the summer holidays. They play havoc on my skin and by the end of the holidays I end up as a spotty mess. One day my skin is oily enough to fry chips on and then the next day its drier than the Saharan desert (attractive I know). This week I've been mainly in the dry category. It doesn't seem to mater what moisturiser I put on, within minutes my skin has soaked it all up and was begging for more. Enter the Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturiser ($45 for 115ml). This moisturiser is deeply nourishing, it made my skin feel amazing. It quickly absorbs, doesn't feel heavy or sticky and doesn't just sit on the top of my skin so it's perfect for when my skin is slightly oily too. It says not to use on overly oily areas but I've just been applying over my whole face and it seems to have coped fine. For me this has been my go to face moisturiser and an absolute godsend.

Grapefruit Face Cleanser:

 
The Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser ($30 for 236ml) is a lovely foaming gel cleanser which is something I've never tried before. I was actually really surprised when I squeezed it out! It was gentle on the skin but managed to remove my makeup quite well. I did have to use more of the wash to get my Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner off my eyes but it did come off eventually. My skin has been quite dry recently but this hasn't added to the dryness or left my skin feeling stripped or tight. Malin + Goetz say that this helps to hydrate dry skin but I honestly don't think it left my skin feeling super hydrated, not even back to normal really, just better than before. It also smells pleasantly of grapefruit without being overpowering. Lovely.
 

Lip Moisturizer:

 

The Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturizer ($12 for 10g) is an odd little thing. Like the cleanser it's a gel which I find so odd to put on as I'm used to balms and creams. Malin + Goetz describe this as "scientifically synthesized to instantly restore and replenish. A hydrating lip gel that is easily integrated for daily maintenance, prevention, and treatment of dry, irritated lips." The lip moisturiser contains absorbent fatty acids which, unlike traditional oils and drying waxes and silicones that are often licked off or wiped away, nourish quickly while providing a continual layer of hydrating protection throughout the day. While it may not last the whole day, this does keep my lips moisturised for a good 3 hours, which I think is really good. The lip moisturiser is also odd in the sense that it is colour, fragrance and flavour free. I'm used to having funny coloured lip balms that are usually "berry flavoured" and just smell sweet and sticky and taste chemically in the mouth. So this moisturiser was so nice to use. This sample size doesn't have an applicator, it's just a little tube which is quite annoying and means it gets on my fingers, this is something I didn't like because of the gel consistency of the moisturiser it was hard to get off my fingers and left them feeling a bit odd. But I'm so happy with this moisturiser. It's heavenly on the lips and leaves them feeling gorgeous. It's also really good to use a couple hours before applying lipstick as it leaves your lips like a blank canvas and makes the lipstick apply as a dream.
 
These products are lovely and I think I may cry when they run out.
 
Have you tried this brand? What do you think?
 
Ciara x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have these from ELLE as well, i have used all my lip moisturizer and my lips have not been the same since i stopped using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to use all mine up but it's nearly all gone :'(

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)