Supermoon

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Since I was a toddler I have dreamed of flying over the Earth, up among the stars and straight to the moon. When I first saw pictures of the first moon landings I was fascinated and extremely jealous. There's so much to explore out there and the wonders of space still amaze me to this day. So when I found out that there was to be a "supermoon" that was going to light up the whole sky, you can guess that I got just a little bit excited. And just look at that moon eh? Isn't it just breath taking?
 
This stunning picture of the so called "supermoon" was taken on Monday and put on the Metro website along with some other absolutely wonderful pictures of the "supermoon" taken all around the world. I sadly wasn't able to get a good enough picture of the "supermoon" myself as it was just so spectacular that my camera seemed to get too excited and only showed the moon up as a strangle squiggle of light.
 
So what exactly is a "supermoon" you may ask? Well without rambling it is when there is a full moon at the same time as the moon is closest to Earth during its orbit. This doesn't occur very often so when it does happen it really is something to be seen. I don't understand how anybody could miss it, but for all of you with early bedtimes, just make sure you see this!
 
What did you think of the "supermoon"? If you got any pictures I would love to see them :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)