August Favourites

Monday, August 31, 2015


This summer has absolutely flown by. Weather wise, it's been a bit of a non event but I've still had a great time. It's been so nice to relax and not have to do anything. I've also enjoyed myself so much with exploring London with friends, dancing at V Festival and cycling around Centre Parcs being just some of the highlights of August. As always I've gathered together some beauty related things that I've been loving this month. (If you'd like to know what songs I've had on repeat this month you can here!).

I bought the Nivea 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water (£3.69) after seeing Lily Melrose talk about it in one of her videos and it just seemed to be the thing that I needed for removing my makeup. I used to use makeup wipes to remove my makeup before cleansing my face, but I just went through them so quickly so I thought the Nivea 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water would save me from buying so many wipes and I'm fast becoming addicted to this stuff. This stuff is fantastic. It definitely does all it says and more. I just tip a little bit onto a cotton pad and wipe over my face and my makeup is removed instantly. It's not harsh, or stripping, doesn't leave your face feeling red raw and yet at the same time it's able to remove even the most stubborn of eyeliners (*Benefit They're Real! I'm looking at you!). I always wash my face afterwards anyway, but the Nivea 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water doesn't leave a residue on your face that needs to be washed off. I also found that my skin didn't feel really tight after using this, so if you are in need of a quick 1 step skincare routine then this is the stuff for you.

I bought myself a Zoeva Complete Eye Brush Set (£52.95) a while back and I cannot rave about these brushes enough. They are of the highest quality and, seeing as you get 12 brushes in the set, don't cost the Earth. I'll probably do a full review of them because they are that amazing. I think my favourite brush from the whole set is the 142 Concealer Buffer brush (£7.95). Please excuse how dirty this brush is, it's just because it gets a lot of love. The Zoeva 142 Concealer Buffer brush makes applying and blending concealer so easy. It's perfect for getting good coverage on spots or blemishes and is soft enough to use under the eye as it doesn't drag at the skin. I don't know why I went without this brush for so long and I'm going to go and give it a wash now.

When I heard my boyfriend was going to Florida I very kindly asked him to bring me back the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Celebrated (£18.99) because it is just the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen (look at that packaging!). So you can imagine my excitement when I received a Snapchat from him checking it was the right one. Celebrated is a really pretty, natural peachy pink that creates a lovely flush of colour on the cheeks. This isn't the most pigmented blush ever, so I think it's definitely more for the fairer girls among us. I think this may be a limited edition but I'm not sure so if you can, I would definitely pick one up just to be sure. You can see me wearing this in my August Face post.

I've been really loving highlighters at the minute. Contouring is something that I'm not that big on and I think highlighting is a lot easier so I'm going to stick with that. The nicest highlighter I have come across is *Benefit High Beam (£19.50). It's really flattering, easy to use and actually shows up! I find that so many powder highlighters aren't pigmented enough, but because *High Beam is a liquid highlighter it packs a punch. *High Beam is a pearly pink highlighter that looks gorgeous dotted along the cheek and brow bones. I tend to dot it onto my skin and then blend it in using my Ecotools Airbrush Concealer brush (£5.49). This mini tube is from the *Best of Benefit Set which I got for Christmas but I'll be buying myself a full bottle when this runs out.

Finally, my last august love has been Benefit Roller Lash (£19.50). Where has this stuff been all my life, it's amazing. Roller Lash lengthens and curls the lashes giving you fluttery lashes with heaps of volume. I don't actually curl my lashes, because I'm lazy, but with Roller Lash I don't need to! Roller Lash lifts the lashes, doesn't smudge or flake. I can't fault it all. I won't ramble because I've raved about it loads. I actually got this tube as a magazine freebie and I have to say that I prefer the packaging of the mini to the full size bottle.

What have you been loving this month?

Ciara

Instagram ¦ Bloglovin' ¦ Twitter ¦ Tumblr ¦ Pinterest

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)