Be The Gaurdian Of Your Own Very Lemony Galaxy - Lush Oxford Street Exclusives

Friday, August 07, 2015

It's been a long time since I've entered the heaven that is a Lush shop but, on a recent trip to Oxford Street I went into their new flagship store and I was very disciplined and only left with two items instead of one of everything that they sell (which is what I really wanted). I picked myself up two Oxford Street Exclusives - Refresher Shower Jelly (£3.50) and Intergalactic Bath Bomb (£3.50).

Refresher Shower Jelly is my new favourite thing ever. I could sit there smelling this stuff all day. It's lemony and sweet and smells exactly like Refresher sweets which I love. I do like Lush's complex multi layered scents but often I much prefer their simpler products and Refresher is a prime example of this. There's nothing hidden about it. It's bright yellow and smells like lemons. You're either going to love it or not be that bothered. Everyone in my household seems to love the smell and I wish I could go round smelling like this all the time. I love the Lush shower jelly's and before my favourite smell was Lush's Whoosh (£3.50) but now I think it's definitely Refresher.

I think the shower jelly's are so fun and creative and there is nothing else out there like them. You can use them in any way that you want, as either shower gel or shampoo. You can even stick them in the fridge or freezer for a cold rush in the shower (although why you would want that I don't know so I tend to keep my shower jelly at room temp)! The shower jelly can take a little while to get used to because it is quite slippy but mine has lasted me ages and it hasn't broken up or crumbled without me wanting it to, which is great because I don't want to waste a single ounce of this stuff. The Shower jelly's lather up really well, the scent is strong and you can still smell it on you even a couple of hours after your shower. They're just as good as any shower and much more fun to use.

I haven't had a chance to use Intergalactic yet but trust me it's a beauty. I saw one of the Lush staff demonstrating this in the sinks in the store and it was so pretty that I just had to have it. Intergalactic creates a whole galaxy in your bath. It turns the water a deep blue with streaks of bright yellow and pink and gold for some added sparkle. I love stargazing and I find space really interesting so of course this bath bomb attracted me greatly but, it really does leave your bath looking like a beautiful night sky and I can imagine it being so relaxing.

Intergalactic also contains popping candy which is one of my favourite things ever so I cant wait to stick this in my bath and watch it fizzle away. I think putting popping candy in is such a fun touch and makes Lush's products that little bit more special and different to everybody else's. The smell of this bath bomb isn't something I would usually go for as I tend to favour citrus scents like Refresher but it's absolutely lovely. It's very pepperminty but contains cederwood to give it a much deeper smell and I think there's even grapefruit oil in there so it has a really slight citrus hint. I haven't explained that well at all, but if you get a chance to go into the Oxford Street store then definitely give this a sniff. I think Intergalactic would be perfect for a relaxing bath before bed.

I wish these products were available in every Lush store and I hope that they will be one day. Lush has got some great exclusive products that I would love to get my hands on. I think I will be making another trip very shortly.

What's your favourite Lush product?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)