Changes and Bloglovin' Follower Challenge

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while may have noticed that there have been a couple of changes going on. A major one being the name of my blog. I changed my blog name from Space Dreams and Marshmallows to An English Rose because I felt like I had out grown my old name and while it was a name that was connected to me it didn't really have anything to do with what I was blogging about. I wanted a name that was more appropriate for a beauty blog yet was still connected to me in some way so I chose An English Rose.

My grannie on my mum's side is called Mary Rose and I was named after her with my name being Ciara Rose. I love my name for this reason because I feel connected to her so I thought it was really nice to have 'Rose' somewhere in my blog name. Now I not only have a name that is connected to beauty but a name that I really like because it means something personal to me.

With a name change also comes natural changes such as a new header and design. I am trying to tweak my design as I go along and will hopefully end up with a design I am completely happy with but at the moment I think I am getting there. I think my header image suits the new name and the colours all tie in nicely together. There is still so much more I want to do but that will take time and some coding so after many YouTube tutorials I'm sure I will get there in the end.

This month I am also taking part in the Bloglovin' follower challenge! This is where Bloglovin' are encouraging blogs with under 10,000 followers to try and gain as many followers as they can in the month of August. At the end of August, the top 3 blogs which have gained the most followers will be featured on Bloglovin's own blog and website! I think this is a really good thing for Bloglovin' to do and it enables bloggers to connect and engage with other readers and bloggers!

So follow me on Bloglovin' and stick around to see where An English Rose is headed next!

Ciara x

Ps. If you follow me on Bloglovin' and have your own blog then leave your link below and I'll follow you back!

Bloglovin' ¦ Twitter ¦ Instagram ¦ Tumblr ¦ Pinterest

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I like your new blog name, so stylish xx good luck with the challenge!! I'm new on bloglovin so I try hard too :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Good luck with the challenge too! xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the name change and good luck with all of the design tweaks. It's looking good so far. I had no idea about the Bloglovin follower challenge thing but just looked it up and signed up...though it's almost the end of the month, lol. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Better late than never, good luck! x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)