Lipstick or Lip Gloss Tag

Monday, August 10, 2015


The lovely Lauren from Cupcakes and Candyfloss and I have got together to create a new tag that we thought would be fun to post about and get other bloggers involved in. I'm sure there are tags already out there that are similar to this but, we have come up with the lipstick or lip gloss tag! I am a lip product fanatic. They are definitely the one product which I couldn't live without. I also think they are just so fun to buy! There are so many variations out there that mean you can create any look you want and change up your everyday routine just by wearing a different colour or formula. You also don't have to be a pro to apply them nicely which helps massively. Lipsticks and glosses are usually the first pieces of makeup that a little girl is introduced to, so that's probably were my love of lip products stems from. Anyway, in this tag I will be talking a little bit about my favourite lip products and whether I'm a lipstick or lip gloss kinda gal myself.

Lipstick or Lip Gloss?

These days I definitely prefer wearing lipstick to lip gloss purely because I like bright colours and I am yet to find a really pigmented lip gloss that doesn't wear off in 45 seconds. I also hate my hair getting stuck to my lips every time the wind blows or I turn my head a little bit too quickly. But lip glosses definitely have their place. When I was at school I tended to wear lip glosses because they fade naturally so you don't have to keep reapplying them and you don't have to worry about that dreaded line left around the outside of your lips. At my school we were also not allowed to wear loads of makeup so a find lip glosses much more subtle.

My Top Picks:

I've built up quite a big lip product collection and I love looking through it to pick out my lip of the day but of course, I have my favourites and most worn lippies:

I really love the bright orange colour of my Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 235 Mischievous (£7.99) but it can be a bit challenging to work with. Because this is a matte crayon it can sometimes cling to dry patches on my lips so I need to plan ahead if I want to wear this and make sure my lips are lovely and smooth. On a more positive note, when I do have Mischievous on I don't have to worry about it fading horribly or disappearing quickly and I feel really nice wearing it. Oh and it's minty which I really like.

When nothing else seems to be working out my go to lipstick is definitely the L'Oreal Color Riche in Eva's Nude (£6.99). If I could only wear one lip product ever for the rest of my life then I think it would be this. Don't get me wrong, I love a bright lip but there is something so natural and pretty about this colour that you could wear it forever and never get bored. It's a really lovely pinky peach with slightly golden undertones. It's so easy to apply, fades evenly and feels really comfortable on.

Probably my favourite lipstick to wear in the summer is the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti (£7.99). This is such an easy lipstick to wear. It's a true orange which I love, but it's sheer enough that it isn't scary at all and actually looks really relaxed and fresh worn during the day. I love Tutti Frutti, it's flattering and goes with just about any makeup look that I tend to wear. I just put on one coat and I'm good to go. If you want to try orange lips but you're a little bit shy of them then this is a brilliant starting point.

Are Kylie Jenner lips still a thing? I was never obsessed with finding that perfect Kylie Jenner lipstick but I was desperate to find myself the perfect nude. The kind of lipstick that looks effortless and cool and like you've not even tried. For me, this is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 03 (£5.49). It's a nice pinky brown nude that looks like a cross between a my lips but better and a 90's inspired Kylie Jenner shade. I think it's a shame that this line of lipsticks don't have their own shade names because they are really great products and the quality is exceptional for a high-street brand. The wear time is good, they fade naturally and they're not drying at all.

I thought I couldn't leave lip glosses out completely so my favourite lip gloss is a Seventeen Lip Lustre (£3.99) from the *Mini Lipgloss Library that I got for Christmas. Now this is really annoying because none of the lip glosses in that set have shade names or numbers so I have no idea what shade this actually is and whether it can be bought on its own but, I have a muted pink shade that contains no glitter and is opaque in one swipe of its doe foot applicator. These Seventeen Lip Lustres are really good. I'll be honest, I don't tend to give the Seventeen makeup counter a look when I go to buy makeup and I only got the *Mini Lip Gloss Library set as a stocking filler from my mum but the quality of these glosses is amazing. They aren't sticky, perfumed or flavoured, they're moisturising and easy to apply. I think the formula is great and you should check them out if you're a lip gloss lover.

From left to right: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Mischievious, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 03, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, L'Oreal Color Riche in Eva's Nude, *Seventeen Lip Lustre

I really enjoyed doing this post because it meant that I got to rummage through my lip product collection. I tag Maria from in1997, Andie from Andieology and Lucy from Ooh La Luce - but I encourage everybody to take part and leave me a link below to your post if you do because I want to read them all and hopefully I'll find out about new products that I need to have from you guys.

Don't forget to read Lauren's post!

Ciara x

Twitter ¦ Pinterest ¦ Tumblr ¦ Bloglovin' ¦ Instagram

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love this post Ciara! I am so happy that we collaborated on this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally will be doing this ASAP! such a cute idea, thanks for tagging me!! xx

      Delete
    2. That's alright, I can't wait to read it!! xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)