Alexa Chung - It

Sunday, November 09, 2014

I'll be honest with you - I bought IT by Alexa Chung (£16.99) because it was pretty. An incredibly stupid reason to buy a book I know. But it is. It's stunningly pretty in a weird way. There's something about this book that I can't help loving.

I don't know why because really, it's a load of nonsense with some pictures, that make no sense, thrown in. None of the pictures are captioned which I don't mind too much, but it would be nice if she explained what was happing in some of them.

The book reads as if it's her blog and has no depth at all. It seems like she just sat there and whatever cam into her head, she wrote down. There are bits and pieces about her life, but they mainly seem to focus around what she wore and what music she listened to. There are some funny parts but I do just wish there had been more to the book in general.

I finished the book in a couple of hours and I just couldn't help but feel like the whole thing was a little flat. (Although I did like taking inspiration from certain pictures and she didn't mention one of my all time favourite films - Heathers.)

All in all I think it's a nice little book for a bit of light reading and does have some lovely pictures in there. I can't say I would recommend it whole heartedly but there you go.

Have you read IT? What did you think of it?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The book looks really good!! (PS I really like the photos you took of it)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)