Batiste Dry Styling XXL Plumping Powder Review

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Whoah does this little bottle pack a punch. As I mentioned in my Aussi Texturising Spray review post, my hair is always a little flat. So when I saw the Batiste Dry Styling XXL Plumping Powder (£3.99) in Boots I just had to give it a go.

I have to admit I was a little bit sceptical. I didn't really believe a bit of this special powder would give me big voluminous locks but at £3.99 it was hardly bankrupting me.

Basically what you do is shake a bit of this powder onto your roots and give it a little rub and within a minute it gives your hair volume. I have no idea how it works, but it does. However, it is at a cost. It leaves your hair feeling really unpleasant, almost waxy. But because you only apply the powder to your roots, this is manageable. Unless you're going to be having someone running their fingers through your hair. If that is the case then I would seriously avoid this powder at all costs.

This powder really is good at creating volume that lasts all day. I would warn you that less is definitely more, but the effects you can achieve are enormous. I created my Halloween hair look using this powder and it really did serve me well.

What's your favourite way to add volume into your hair?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)