New Year's Resolutions and Goals

Friday, January 02, 2015

2014 was a weird year for me. It was filled to the brim with ups and downs. Things that I thought were going to be amazing weren't and things that I wasn't excited for at all turned out to create some amazing memories. I started this blog, joined a local netball team, had 3 sets of mock GCSE's, I visited Berlin and Paris, grew close with people that I never imagined I would and grew apart from ones that I thought would be there forever.

Actually the friendship thing has been a big thing for me this year. I learnt that sometimes you grow out of friendships and it's not because either of you have done anything wrong and it isn't something that you can necessarily stop, you just grow out of each other. But that's okay. Sometimes it's healthy to form new friendships and talk to people that you never thought you would have anything in common with, and maybe just maybe that person could become a much better friend to you than your old friend was. I'm not saying that means you should completely ditch your old friends, I'm just saying that it is okay to perhaps not be as close with them as you used to. Some friendships will last for a life time and others wont, that is just life. The real trick is being able to spot which friendships are worth investing your time into. I've made this mistake a lot but I think I am getting better at it. If you do one thing this year then please, please, please let it be this: Surround yourself with people that make you happy. That is one of my goals this year, as cheesy as it sounds. Be with people that make you laugh and that you make laugh, the ones who check up on you and distract you from things when you're feeling down. You don't even have to have the same interests as them. Sometimes you meet somebody and you just click. Look out for those people and trust your gut instinct and do whatever it takes to keep yourself okay and happy. And if ever you want to talk to somebody, then remember that I am here and I am only an email away.

I am due to sit my GCSE's in May so obviously my other goal this year is to get the best possible grades that I can, so I am able to continue in further education. This is going to be probably the hardest thing I have ever had to so far and revision will be beginning extremely soon. I figure little and often is the way to go? If anybody has any revision tips for me, I would be hugely grateful!

That brings me on to my New Year's resolution: No more Google Translate. I am currently studying for a German and French GCSE and I have 5 months to go, yet I am still letting Google Translate do my coursework and homework for me. This has got me into many sticky situations as my teacher firmly believes that I am capable of achieving an A* while in reality I scored a C in my mocks. Whoops.

Okay so here's to knuckling down and being happy. 2015 - Let's do this!

What are your goals/resolutions for the New Year?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)