My Everyday Makeup

Monday, February 16, 2015


I'm a big fan of natural makeup at the moment. I just think there is something so elegant and classy about natural beauty. Yes I love a statement lip and some bold winged eyeliner, but on a day to day basis I like to keep my makeup quite minimal. I've finally got into a little routine that I thought I would share with you as all the products are affordable and super easy to use.

My go to base at the moment has been the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light (£6.99). I tend to skip a primer with this BB cream as it is so light and stays put all day. It covers redness and improves the overall appearance of my skin. I doesn't cling to dry patches or oxidise. I love it, you can see a full review here.

When I'm having a good skin day I tend to leave my base like that, however some days I just need that little extra bit of coverage in the form of the Natural Collection CoverUp Cream in Fair (£1.99). I love this concealer because it is just so easy to use. It's great for covering blemishes and it doesn't crease so is good for under eye circles too. Yes as I have mentioned before, the shade range is appalling but Fair is just the right colour for me, so if you are pale it might be worth a look.

I then set my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent (£3.99). There was a time when you couldn't click on a beauty blog without reading about this powder and there is a good reason why. This powder is amazing, by far the best I've ever tried. It mattifies the skin, sets my makeup and doesn't leave me looking chalky like so many powders do. My only issue with this powder is the packaging. The plastic lid tends to crack which is annoying but seeing as you're only paying under a fiver for it, you cant really complain.

I then go on to do my eyes. I'm quite cack handed so I cant be dealing with complicated eye shadow looks during the day. I'll just end up poking myself in the eye and that isn't a pretty look for anybody. So instead I love using simple colours to wash all over my lids. The perfect colour for this is the  Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in 35 On And On Bronze (£4.99). It is the perfect shimmery metallic bronze colour that is subtle enough for the day but can be built up for a dramatic eye look. I spoke about it in my November favourites last year and I don't think I have put it down since. It may be the new love of my life.

I don't think I could live without eyeliner, I really think it can make or break a look. Even when I have barely any makeup on at all, I will have subtle eyeliner on. I love using the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in 001 Black (£3.99) to line my upper waterline. It is almost like secret eyeliner because you don't really notice it but it makes a big difference. It makes your lashes appear thicker and defines your eyes.

Speaking of lashes. My very well loved L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Magnetic Black (£10.99) has been used a lot recently. I love it because it lengthens the lashes, doesn't clump, and still looks fairly natural. Enough said really.

Once my eyes are done I give myself a quick wash of colour with the Body Shop Honey Bronze in 01 Light Bronze (£13) to add some warmth to my face. This is such a gorgeous bronzer and perfect for us girls with paler skin as it isn't orange at all. I also love it because it is matte, one of the things I hate the most is over glittery faces. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of glitter but glittery bronzers can look a bit muddy. This compact is also great for on the go as it has a pretty decent size mirror.

Then I love to bring back the natural colour in my cheeks by using a subtle pinky blush. My favourite is the MUA Blusher in Bon Bon (£1). This blush is amazing and you all need one. The quality is way more impressive than the one pound price tag suggests. I wont ramble on too much about this as I did a full review. All I will say is that it is a really pretty matte dusky pink shade that I think will compliment most skin tones.

Finally no look would be complete without a good lipstick. I've been on the hunt forever for a nude lipstick that is the perfect colour for me as I tend to find most nude lipsticks far too pale. The L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Eva's Nude Lipstick (£6.99) is absolutely perfect and is everything I've been looking for. It's a beautiful pinky shade with hints of gold which really compliment the skin and give a sun kissed effect. It's quite long lasting, isn't heavy and fades naturally. I've gotten loads of wear out of this already and I think it might even replace my well loved Revlon Pink in The Afternoon!


What are your everyday makeup staples?

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)