Mac Chili Matte Lipstick Review

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hi, my name is Ciara and I'm a lip product addict. I always have been, since I was little I loved to look through my mums endless stash of pretty lipsticks. I found everything about them, from the buttery rich colours, to the cool metal casings that surrounded them, utterly beautiful. So it only made sense that I too one day would have my own endless stash of lip products. Balms, butters, glosses, stains, lacquers, lipsticks, I've got the lot. Yet something has always been missing. I was yet to find the perfect matte winter shade.

I'm not that adventurous when it comes to colours. Red's have always been my favourite. I wanted something a bit deeper for the winter but couldn't bring my self to go full on vampy. Maybe next year! I first met *Mac Chili (£15.50) on a trip to Selfridges back in the summer and as soon as I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to have it in my collection. So I whipped out my phone and stuck in on the top of my Birthday list. So now thanks to my wonderful friend, I finally have it!

I haven't actually ever heard anything about this Mac lipstick and I think it is somewhat of an unsung hero. Mac describe the colour of this as a brownish orange-red. However, against my skin tone I don't think the orange comes out that much. I would say it is more of a deep brick red with brown and orange undertones.

I do find it a little bit hard to apply so I would suggest using it with a lip liner to make it a little bit easier, however I am yet to find a lip liner which matches this gorgeous lipstick. If you know one that would work, please let me know in the comments. Once it is on I blot it with tissue a couple of times and reapply to increase the intensity and the wear time. I have found that if I don't blot it, then this does transfer onto things like glasses quite quickly and needs a lot of reapplying throughout the day. But with blotting it becomes almost like a stain and lasts for absolutely hours! Although it is a matte lipstick, I don't really find it that drying at all, it's really comfortable to wear. Not what I was expecting at all.

This has become a firm favourite in my collection, I love it to pieces and always get complimented when I wear it. It's also really versatile, for the evening I go all out and applying it fully. But during the day it's easy to take a bit onto the finger and rub it on to create a subtle muted stain that lasts all day. Perfect!

What do you think of *Mac Chili? Are there any more unsung heroes of the lipstick world that I should look into?

Ciara x

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)