The Only Nail Polish You Will Need This Season

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Essie Sole Mate Nail Lacquer (£7.99) has been my go to nail polish so far this month and I absolutely love it. It's gorgeous and luxurious and perfect for the Autumn/Winter. What I love about this colour is that it makes you look very sophisticated without even trying. (Even if you're awful at painting your nails like me) It goes with everything and is a great alternative to black nails as it still gives you the vampy vibe that is everywhere this Autumn/Winter.

It's like a deep red wine/burgundy colour that's quick drying and opaque in one coat. However, I do like to apply 2 coats as it makes it a little bit darker. Oh and there is not a streak in sight! The brush is quite wide allowing you to cover a lot of your nail in one swipe, and it goes on super smoothly. The finish is excellent, no need for a top coat, although I do think that using one would prolong the wear time. I'm an awful advocate for nail polishes as I never ever use a top or base coat. (I know, I'm going to hell) The wear time isn't the best, I have much cheaper nail polishes in my collection that last a lot longer, but I just can't get over this colour. It really does look much more expensive than it is.
 
This is the first Essie nail polish that I have ever tried and straight away it has become a firm favourite. Do you have any other Essie colours to recommend to me? What's been your go to nail polish this season?
 
Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)