New Year's Eve Nails ¦ Ciaté Ladylike Luxe Nail Polish Review

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The big day is finally here. New Year's Eve. One more night filled with as much glitz and glamour as possible before we welcome in the new year. A new year of fresh starts all round. Yesterday I shared with you some beauty inspiration from Pinterest and I think I have finally decided on my nails for the big night later - *Ciaté Ladylike Luxe (£9).

Gold is a nail polish colour that I have never actually tried before. Gold glitter, yeah. But not full gold. I'm not that adventurous either so gold would have probably never graced my nails if it wasn't for the gorgeous *Ciaté Mini Mani Manor. However, gold is bang on trend at the moment so I thought I would take New Year's Eve as an opportunity to try the trend out for myself.

*Ciaté Ladylike Luxe is a warm iridescent gold with a subtle layer of shimmer which captures the light beautifully. I have to admit that when I first applied it I didn't like it at all. I thought it was too yellow, didn't go with my skin tone and just wasn't flattering. I wanted to take it off straight away. But I didn't want to give up. I've now been wearing it for the past couple of days and it has grown on me a lot. I think there is something quite elegant about it and is perfect for a special occasion.

To get *Ladylike Luxe opaque I applied 2 generous coats. It was so easy to apply, the brush is the perfect size for my nails and I didn't have to do any cleaning up. It also didn't streak and dried really quickly with an almost foil finish. It also hasn't chipped at all!

I don't know if I am completely in love with *Ladylike Luxe yet but I do think it would look really pretty layered over/under other colours and I think you could make some seriously beautiful nail art with this colour. If only I was more talented...

What do you think of gold nail varnish?

Ciara x

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)