The Christmas Tag

Thursday, December 18, 2014

I thought seeing as I'm new to the blogosphere, I would do the Christmas Tag so you lot can get to know me a bit better. I don't know how many versions of this tag are going around so I'm going to be using the questions that Bird's Words used. Okay let's get cracking:

What's your favourite Christmas film/s?

This is an easy one for me. Since I was little I have loved Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. I watch it every single year without fail on Christmas Eve and it just get's me so excited for Christmas. It's definitely not a typical Christmas film. In a nutshell: Jack the skeleton king gets a bit bored of Halloween so he decides that he's going to try his hand at Christmas instead. Needless to say, it all goes a bit wrong and instead of spreading the joy of Christmas, he turns it into a nightmare. I absolutely lurrveee Tim Burton films and think he always adds an interesting spin on everything. I think that The Nightmare Before Christmas is his best film, the animation, storyline and characters are brilliant. Oh and did I mention that it's also a musical?

I also love Love Actually! I think it's a beautifully hilarious film with an all star cast and an amazing sound track. Everything the perfect Christmas film needs if you ask me.

Do you open presents on Christmas morning or evening?

The morning definitely. I am going to cling onto the excitement of waking up early and running downstairs to see if Santa has come for as long as is humanly possible. My stocking is always on the outside of my bedroom door every year so when I wake up I rifle through that and wait for my little brother to come and find me. Then when it has reached an acceptable time we go and sit on the end of my mum and dad's bed and we all go through out stockings. Then it's off downstairs for a cup of tea and presents :)

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

This is a hard one for me. Umm my family tend to leave things to the last minute, but one year we really almost run out of time. It came to Christmas Eve and we still didn't have a Christmas Tree. Shocking I know. So off we went searching for the perfect little tree to go in the corner of our living room. We couldn't find one anywhere, we went to about 6 different places. Finally we came across the most perfect little tree ever in a garden centre. Everything about this garden centre was so pretty, they even had reindeer for little children to pet and see. It was adorable. When we got the tree home, the trunk was too big for our stand so my dad had to get chopping it until it was the right size. There was bits of bark and pine needles everywhere, we were even finding them the next year. At least it made the house smell wonderful. I don't know why this stands out to me so much. I just saw the whole search as magical and I loving driving around at night when all the pretty lights are out. It just felt so Christmassy.

What's your favourite festive food?

Probably Pigs in Blankets. I used to be a vegetarian and even now I don't eat that much meat really but there was always one thing I always missed and I think it's probably the reason that I'm not a vegetarian anymore. How can you resist those gorgeous little Pigs in Blankets. Yeah they are so greasy and a heart attack in 3 mouthfuls but they are bloody delicious!

I also love gingerbread men and me and my mum often bake and decorate gingerbread cookies to decorate the Christmas Tree with each year. Super cute.

What's been your favourite Christmas gift?

I don't know if this will really count as strictly speaking I didn't get in on Christmas Day. But when I was little, my nanna made me and my brother our own advent calendars. They're so intricate and beautiful and unique to anything else I've ever seen. They have little pouches on them which my mum fills each night with that days chocolaty treat. I love my one so much and I am so thankful to my nanna for taking the time to make it because it is so special to me and nobody else has one and I get so excited when it gets hung up on my door every year :)

What's your favourite Christmas scent?

I love the smell of pine trees. I think they are so fresh yet comforting and they just scream Christmas to me. I also love the smell of cinnamon and all the spices used in Christmas baking. They're so homely and inviting and make me want to wrap up warm and stuff my face. Because that's what Christmas is really all about, am I right??

Do you have a Christmas Eve Tradition?

Umm not exactly because it changes every year, but roughly it's quite similar. My dad is usually out in the kitchen preparing bits and pieces for Christmas dinner the next day and checking that we have everything that we need. He will usually bake some sausage rolls and we all will sit about tucking into them. Usually while watching The Nightmare Before Christmas together. However, we also love to go for a little nosey round our local garden centre. Some people probably wont understand this but I hope there are some of you out there who do. Our garden centre is quite cute, they make a big deal about Christmas so around the festive period it's always packed full of twinkly lights and beautiful baubles. Not to mention the mountains of trees and Christmas themed plants!

What tops your tree?

For as long as I can remember we have had an angel on the top of our tree. When we first bought her, she was the most beautiful angle you have ever seen. She's got a wire base and then a fabric dress and wings and holds a little string with stars on it in her hands. However, as the years have gone by, it has not only been me that has aged. She's fallen off the tree numerous times and he wings are a little bit battered. There's a hole in her dress from where our dog tried to rescue her and she is looking a little bit knackered to say the least. However, we are determined to keep her for as long as possible as Christmas just wouldn't be the same without her.

What do you think is the best part of Christmas?

I love the build up to Christmas more than the actual day itself. I think the build up is so magical and exciting and everything just looks so pretty. I love going Christmas shopping and buying presents for all my family and friends. I also love the way all the houses in my area really make a big deal with Christmas lights and wreaths. The streets just look so pretty. I also love a good song and dance to a Christmas song and I really wish they were acceptable all year round. However, I think my favourite part of Christmas day it's self is my stocking. My mum always fills it with some lovely, some silly and some delicious bits and pieces. She knows me and my brother so well and she always gets our stocking spot on. I don't think I will ever grow up when it comes to festivities and I certainly don't want to.

I don't know anyone yet in the blogging world so I invite you all to do this tag so I can learn about you guys too. Leave me the link below if you do take part, because I would love to read it.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, Ciara x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)