Percy & Reed Quintessential Quick Fix Travel Kit Review

Monday, December 15, 2014

Percy & Reed is my favourite hair brand at the moment. I just can't get enough of them. They are so luxurious and heavenly and I just love using their products. So when I ordered their Quintessential Quick Fix Travel Kit I couldn't wait for it to come. I've been thoroughly pleased with all of the products in this kit, I think the designs are to die for, it really is the perfect collection and I think it would make a great gift for all beauty lovers.
 
First off we've got the No Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo (£12). This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried. I've always thought that they just don't really do anything besides leave a white cast over your hair and make it look even worse than it did to begin with. Also I tend to wash my hair everyday and so don't really have a use for it. However, I now swear by this stuff. It totally transforms slightly greasy second day hair into gorgeous smelling, beautifully bouncy hair that looks freshly washed. Oh and there isn't a white patch in sight. Perfect! However, this product did run out really quickly which I wasn't too happy about.
 
No-Fuss Flawlessness Dry Conditioner (£12). When I first bought this product I honestly thought it was going to be useless. I'd never even heard of a dry conditioner before. To me it seemed pointless and a bit of a con. Oh my god am I eating my words now. This product is amazing. It's basically a dry shampoo that focusses on making your hair seriously soft and glossy. Since trying this product I haven't found anything that compares to it. It's unique and works amazingly well. There's no white patches, it doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky or weighed down and a little goes a long way. I may have to go out and buy myself a backup for when this little bottle runs out! 
 
Superstar Supersized Bodifying Cream (£14). As with all the Percy & Reed products, this one smells gorgeous. At first I thought that this was a hair mousse and was kind of disappointed when I realised that it wasn't, however I am so glad that I now have this in my collection. How this works is that you just massage a small amount (and I mean small, don't over do it) into your roots and then blow-dry and you are left with volume that holds well but is still flexible. A lovely little addition but nothing totally ground-breaking.  
 
Quite Wonderfully Wavy Texturising Spray (£14). This is probably my favourite product in the whole set. I'm all about gorgeous waves and curls but sometimes I feel like I have to choose between having beautiful curls or having healthy looking hair. This is where the Percy & Reed Texturising Spray comes in. Not only does this give you fabulous beachy mermaid waves, but it also leaves your hair looking glossy and smooth. This spray is so easy to use, I just spritz it onto my hair and scrunch it a bit and automatically it looks exactly how I want it to. A winner if you ask me.
 
Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray (£12). I wasn't such a big fan of this hairspray. It went on wet and sticky, set quite hard and then dropped out after a few hours. Yeah it smelt amazing, but the whole can was gone within 3 applications. Don't think I will be repurchasing this any time soon.
 
finally, we have the Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish (£10). I am yet to fully try this product but so far I am very pleased with it. I expected it to be a clear gel that I could smooth through all of my hair, but it's actually a beautiful white cream which is to be used sparingly. A little goes a long way with this stuff, trust me. The finishing polish is beautiful and is perfect for taming fly-aways and frizz and making you look like you've stepped out of the salon. Very sophisticated.
 
Have you tried any Percy & Reed products? What did you think of them?
 
Ciara x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The packaging is impeccable. I love the black & white design. It's got a fresh element to it. Guess I'll avoid the hairspray though. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Carmen, the packaging has clearly been thought about a lot and they look so pretty on a dressing table! Yeah it's a shame about the hairspray :( x

      Delete
  2. Hmm...I remember I got a freebie Percy & Reed shampoo with a magazine once and it was good!! I live in Canada now though and am pretty sure they don't sell this brand over here :(

    Ali xo
    http://aliandvic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's such a shame Ali. Keep a look out for them though because they are lovely products. I've always wanted to go to Canada, I've heard it's very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)